Re: Problems with Gnome and Samba after Yum...

Karol,

As per the below posting to fedora-list, I am having the same issue on two different workstations. I have recently upgraded them to FC2 and can mount SMB (Windows or Samba) shares but cannot 'ls' them. The ls command just hangs, and Nautilus chokes big time. Have you had any success fixing this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Aaron

Karol Pluciennik wrote:

Hello,
After updating couple of packets with Yum I started to have real pain in the ass with Gnome. When I want to log out, reset or shutdown my computer, the screen just refreshes itself and that's it - I have to kill Gnome to shutdown my computer! That's one problem. The second is when I want to mount some Windows shares.

[root@troloo root]# smbclient -L 192.168.0.1 -U Administrator
Password:
Domain=[TROLOO] OS=[Windows Server 2003 3790] Server=[Windows Server 2003 5.2]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        E$              Disk      Default share
        IPC$            IPC       Remote IPC
        D$              Disk      Default share
        G               Disk
        ADMIN$          Disk      Remote Admin
        C$              Disk      Default share

[root@troloo root]# smbmount //192.168.0.1/D$ /mnt/net2 -o username=Administrator
Password:
[root@troloo root]#

The network works (it worked before...) but when I mount some share, say D$ (hidden one) I cannot list in any way the content of the directory! It worked pretty well before I updated system with Yum.

Can anyone give me a hint how to trace these problems? Where should I start checking? Help, please :)

Fedora Core 2, kernel 2.6.6 8k, Gnome 2.6