Re: (newbie) sendmail Masquerading Help?

Jorge Luis <lists+fedora@xxxxxxxx> writes:

>     Harry> I'm very curious why masquerading as `jorge.cc' would make
>     Harry> things work.
>
>     Harry> I'm wondering if that setting ever made it into sendmail.cf
>     Harry> and if sendmail was restarted thereafter.
>
> Well, I've stopped and restarted sendmail after each change.  I'm
> using FC2; aren't the files rebuilt during startup?

Not sure what you mean by startup, but if you mean t reboot then
sendmail.cf would be reread by the sendmail daemon.  Not sure what you
mean by rebuilt either.  It only gets rebuilt (sendmail.cf) when you
rebuild it manually.

You didn't provide the output of:
  grep -A1 'who I masquerade' /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.
For curiousity sake...
What does that say?

> Is it possible that the incorrect /etc/hosts is the cause of all this?

yes.