Re: (newbie) sendmail Masquerading Help?

    Alexander> I would like to see what Jorge has in his /etc/hosts
    Alexander> file, for localhost and satyr.bogus.jl.

Here's my /etc/hosts, in its entirety:

127.0.0.1 satyr.bogus.jl satyr localhost.localdomain localhost

    Alexander> That the FQDN couldn't be looked up irritated me
    Alexander> too. Whether verizon requires a resolvable FQDN for all
    Alexander> who send mail through their customers MTA (acting as
    Alexander> smart host) should be pointed out by the support of
    Alexander> verizon.

If I set MASQUERADE_AS(`localhost') the smarthost will also accept my
mail for delivery, so it's not necessarily a resolvable FDQN that it
demands (unless localhost qualifies as a FQDN).  If I don't set
MASQUERADE_AS to anything, my mail sent from /bin/mail doesn't get
through.

Remember, though, that mail sent from Evolution or from VM under Emacs
/is/ accepted, whether or not I have masquerading set, as long as I
have the client configured with a resolvable "From " email address.
(Because they set the envelope using sendmail -f, perhaps?)

At any rate, I now have MASQUERADE_AS(`jorge.cc') and everything seems
to be working.

Thanks again,

   Jorge

--