Re: Problem on Gnome Desktop and FORCE upgrade

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 16:10, Stephen Liu wrote:
> The Gnome desktop including icons look identical to
> KDE with K-Start(Redhat) on bottom menu-bar.
> Gnome-Start(the big-foot) disppears including
> gnome-applications, such as gedit, nautilus, etc.

In trying to get my head around what could be happening I re-read your
message and had a thought: if you have gnome-session set to
automatically save your session on exit, and you somehow have the KDE
panel, or Konqueror set to draw the desktop, in your session then that
could be what is happening. Try this: open a terminal (whilst in GNOME)
and run this:

ps -A > ~/ps-A.txt

Then post that file here, so we can see if there are some KDE apps
running like kpanel or konqueror that you really don't want.

Another alternative would be to run this is a terminal:

gnome-session-properties

and de-select "Automatically save changes to session". Then log out (and
if prompted to save your session say no).

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com