Re: Problem on Gnome Desktop and FORCE upgrade

Hi Darren,

> I presume that Red Carpet removed gedit in an
> attempt to resolve your
> dependency conflicts. Didn't you pay attention to
> what it told you it
> was about to do? You can check what it did by
> starting it and switching
> to the History tab where you will be able to see
> what you did.

Yes, on History;

Installed
openssl096b  0.9.6-14.1

Removed
gnome-spell  1.9.5.4.1
gedit  2.6.0.4
galeon  1.2.11.1.8.0
gaim  0.80.1.FC2
balsa  2.0.17.1
aspell-en  0.51.7.1
aspell-devel  0.50.3-19.1
aspell  0.50.3-19.1
gnome-spell1.0  1.0.4-0.ximian.5.1
gtkspell  2.0.4-4.1
xine  0.9.8-4
telex-dvilj  1.0.7-47
qtlx-GL  1.45-16
pine  4.44-14.80.0
pan  0.14.2-7
ltmodem-kv_2.4.18_18.8.0  8.26a9-1
koffice  1.3-6
ical  2.2-26
abiword  2.0.5-2

> You can
> try to re-inistall gedit by clicking on the icon on
> the toolbar that
> looks like a Radar dish, selecting the following
> channels:
>
>       * Fedora Core 2
>       * Fedora Core 2 Stable
>       * Fedora Core 2 Updates
>       * rpm.livna.org stable
>
> and then switching to the Available Software tab,
> find gedit, select it,
> Mark for Installation, and then click the icon that
> looks like gears.

Now I got 'gedit' back.  Tks for your detail advice.

B.R.
Stephen