Re: Install on 32 meg celeron machine

Steve Watford wrote:

They are running IE something. They are on SP 6. Although they are slow and the
graphics are limited. 800x600 16 color I think. They work. FC1 refuses to try
to install, anaconda just exits. RH9 did install, although it won't run X
without swapping to disk so much that the HD starts throwing timeout errors. Guess I'm just going to have upgrade the ram. Funny that for linux we need to
upgrade the hardware that WinNT will run on. Sort of a reversal. I know there
are lighter versions of linux out there, but we have settled on RH,Fedora.

Thanks

Your comparison is a little skewed, you are comparing the latest Linux system with a prehistoric windows version..
If you want to compare to WinNT you should be trying to install RH5.x. If you are comparing to FC1 then you need to use Windows 2003..

I don't think Windows 2003 would be too happy on 32MB of RAM either.. ;-)

Later..