Re: Mail server HOWTO

At 11:37 12/16/2003, you wrote:
FWIW, I installed qmail (+ a bunch of helpers, vpopmail, vqmailadmin, etc.) following the instructions at www.qmailrocks.org while under RH9.
It has worked well and continues to after upgrading to FC1.

1. qmail is not included with Red Hat or Fedora systems. I have derived a great deal of benefit (both personally and financially) by using Red Hat Linux operating systems and software they provide, and I prefer to document that which they provide to help them grow their userbase.

2. I used and grew to despise qmail. Unfriendly, inhospitable, annoying piece of ... never mind. I refuse to use it any more, and will certainly not recommend it or document it.

3. I philosophically and emphatically disagree with djb and qmail's design philosophies.

4. The software is not all it's cracked up to be. Several holes, problems, and deficiencies.

I respect your opinion and preference. The above is just a short summary of mine.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com