Re: two gripes about Evolution ...

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 10:32, pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> --- "Rodolfo J. Paiz" <rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > At 22:32 12/15/2003, Clifford Snow wrote:
> > >You can flag received messages that are important
> > to you.  What you want
> > >is the sender to determine how important messages
> > are for the
> > >recipient.  Let the recipient choose.  They can use
> > the powers of most
> > >mail clients to help them organize messages to sort
> > their mail.  Don't
> > >assume the sender has that right.

I think you are all missing the point.

1) I do not send messages willy-nilly flagged as "urgent".
The situation I described, both myself *and* my recipient
knew the situation was urgent (him needing the CD's before
Monday).

2) By being able to flag the message as important, it would
indicate to my addressee that "here is the reply you were
waiting for from Elton". It is still HIS CHOICE, if he
wants to wade through his mailbox *or* read my reply *first*.
I am not imposing on him.

But if, as has been indicated, Evolution "assumes" the user
will abuse "priority" flag, this is unfairly presumptive, as
well as taking away the freedom of choice which I *normally*
associate with GNU/LINUX and open source.  :-(

Elton.
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.Public