Re: two gripes about Evolution ...

At 04:40 12/16/2003, you wrote:
Point is, that flag is non-standard, which means you cannot rely on the
recipient seeing it anyway. And even if he does see it, he might very
well ignore it, as so many spammers use it as well.

That is perfectly true. However, while non-standard it is common enough that it becomes useful in many settings. Two examples:

1. My entire corporation, and so far most of my clients and suppliers, do use mailers that support that flag and are generally responsible about using it for useful purposes, not for jokes. It makes things flow more easily when we all see that a particular message was sent "urgently" since we can then read it and react as we then see fit.

2. I run the email system for my family (65 people), and they are pretty careful about its use and they certainly appreciate its existence.

I'm OK with your statements that you ignore it, many people ignore it, and spammers abuse it. Those are all true and valid. However, this does not make having the flag there a bad thing, nor should it be eliminated because of those reasons. Many _other_ people like it and use it, and many mailers do support it.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com