Re: two gripes about Evolution ...

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 07:02:15PM -0500, Elton Woo wrote:
[...]
> For example, on another list, I wanted to reply to someone off-list,
> *urgently*. The recipient needed some linux CD's to install on his
> system in and was asking for a loan of a set. He was also travelling
> back and forth in and out of town, so naturally in that case, I would
> require / wish to reply to him *urgently*.

Hm, so in that case, you *knew* that his mailer supports that flag?

I for one use mutt, which thankfully ignores that flag - and in addition
I told it to ignore the whole header - and Spamassassin to increase the
spam score upon receiving such a mail, as almost all mails I get with
that flag set seem to be spam.

Point is, that flag is non-standard, which means you cannot rely on the
recipient seeing it anyway. And even if he does see it, he might very
well ignore it, as so many spammers use it as well.

It's almost as funny as the infamous "I want to recall that mail"
messags from Outlook users who never heard about the fact that there
other mail programs out there that simply ignore that request... ;-)

Cheerio,

Thomas
                Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org