Re: MySQL 4.0

El mar, 16-12-2003 a las 15:16, Wilmar Perez escribió:
> Hello everybody
>
> Well, as recommended I am in the process of downloading all the RPMs needed to
> install MySQL 4.0.  Just one more question, what exactly is MySQL-Max?  I
> thought it gave support for InoDB in previous versions of MySQL, however, since
> the current version already supports InoDB, I really don't get what MySQL-Max
> stands for.
<snip>

>From http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-4.0.html

.../...
The Standard binaries are recommended for most users, and includes the
InnoDB storage engine. The Max version includes additional features such
as the Berkeley DB storage engine and other features that have not been
exhaustively tested or are not required for general usage, such as
user-defined functions (UDFs), and BIG_TABLE support. When these
features have matured and proven to be stable, they will be incorporated
into future releases of the Standard binaries.
.../...

Hope this helps, good luck.