Re: two gripes about Evolution ...

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 04:40, T. Ribbrock wrote:

> Point is, that flag is non-standard, which means you cannot rely on the
> recipient seeing it anyway. And even if he does see it, he might very
> well ignore it, as so many spammers use it as well.

I believe this flag with outlook was created and expected to work for
users within a company/network, not in general with POP clients, mailing
lists like this and stuff outside their realm.  Even though the
recipient can have it marked how he wants and do with it what he wants,
it was available (If express has this as well, then that is another
store and probably more on topic of what this is about).

> It's almost as funny as the infamous "I want to recall that mail"
> messags from Outlook users who never heard about the fact that there
> other mail programs out there that simply ignore that request... ;-)

OT: But the option above you mentioned with recalling, was again meant
for a company/network environment and I had to use it a few times.  Good
for when as tech need to send out info/warnings or whatever and do it at
night or before the other folks get in, and you messed it up and need to
redo it.  Don't really think this was meant for outside that network or
with anything but using outlook in that environment.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!"