Re: printing to a network printer - follow up

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 11:48, Don wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 01:11, Merc wrote:
> > You'll be sharing that printer in no time!
>
> The printer is a shared printer now, so I was looking at two ways to
> print:
> 1 - direct tcp/ip via the JetDirect card
> 2 - using the existing Windows share
>
> It seems option 1 is the simplest, and at home I got it set up like that
> in a matter of minutes... it was literally, redhat-config-printer, use
> all the default/recommended settings, print a test page.. voila! Done.

Indeed, JetDirect should be the way to go; I was only responding to your
questions about file/print sharing.  By "sharing that printer in no
time", I meant, "you'll be using that shared printer in no time".  In
other words, editing your smb.conf and smbpasswd files to conform to the
domain/user/passwords in your LAN and starting the smbd daemon usually
helps things along.  It's an alternative to JetDirect, if you can't get
that working.

Regards.
--
Merc