Re: OpenGL-based framebuffer concepts

Pavel Machek wrote:
> On So 03-06-06 07:25:13, Antonino A. Daplas wrote:
>> David Lang wrote:
>>> That would work, however AFAIK it's not implemented in any existing
>>> framebuffer.
>> Besides implementaton, the main concern with this is that you might miss
>> a very important kernel message.  Though one can always use the scrollback
>> buffer.
>
> Well, you can only miss a message *you would not see anyway*.

There are some things that one can see but not read, and still be
recognizable even if your console is scrolling by.

An oops tracing, for one, is very unique and it's easy to pick them off
from regular text, especially on a relatively slow console such as vesafb.
We may even choose to colorize the output so they can stand out further.

> I guess
> the main concern is that it tends to look ugly on the screen (and it
> will not be quite easy code).
>
> Anyway, no, I do not think it is needed. framebuffers are fast enough

I agree, I don't think it's needed.

Tony