Re: System policy to shutdown as normal user?

Hi,

> Not SELinux, but policy kit. There used to be an easy to use gui to
> create custom policies, but that is no more available. You need to
> muck around with policy files by hand to achieve that these days. At
> least that is my understanding.

Yes, that sounds like what I was thinking. It was a nice way to let
single-user systems perform normal administration tasks easily.

> But I still don't understand why on your system a regular user needs
> the root password to shutdown the system from the gui. I can do it by
> clicking the logout button for my desktop and selecting shutdown when
> I am offered an option.

Yes, I can do that too; I was referring to System->Shut Down directly
that doesn't work without prompting for root password.

Thanks,
Alex