Re: System policy to shutdown as normal user?

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Alex <mysqlstudent@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How can I change the system policy to authorize a normal user to
> shutdown the system without having to prompt for a password?

Can't you already do that from the logout applet of your desktop? If
you mean letting a user shutdown from the terminal, then it is meant
to be that way. AFAIU, effectively calling shutdown is calling init
with appropriate arguments. If you want only specific users to be able
to shutdown, you can try giving them sudo access to shutdown only.

--
Suvayu