Re: Separate /usr partition

Kam Leo wrote:

> Thanks for setting me straight. Does that mean we're heading back toward
> separate partitions for everything?

AFAIK /usr will not be defaulted as a separate partition any time soon.
Some packagers see benefits to it and some do not. It is not an
officially supported option.

The only partitioning change coming up in Fedora 15 that I can think of
is with /var/run and /var/lock, which has a feature page[1].

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/var-run-tmpfs