Re: Separate /usr partition

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Michael Cronenworth <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kam Leo wrote:

> It probably has less to do with the boot process and more with disto
> upgrading; i.e. less likely that user files get clobbered if /usr is
> separate.

Nope. It has everything to do with booting. Some packages in /bin
depended on libs in /usr/lib{64} so calling the init script before /usr
is mounted would fail. There's a discussion about this in the devel list
if you search the history for it.

Thanks for setting me straight. Does that mean we're heading back toward separate partitions for everything?