Re: Any arguments for keeping Yum case-sensitive?

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 23:07, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 13:35 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > The question then reduces to: should the yum interface be designed to
>> > be comfortable for a computer to interface with, or should the yum
>> > interface be comfortable for a human to interface with.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Dotan Cohen
>>
>> Exactly my point.
> ----
> use the gui driven package/software manager - it was made for those who
> struggle with precise package names.

On a remote server over SSH? This is the Fedora list, not the Ubuntu list.

> Why try to inflict your issues onto everyone?

What issues? Did I ask the list to perform surgery on my inoperable
thumb? Did I ask the list to cover my overdraft this month? Did I ask
the list for sexual satisfaction? I don't know which of my many issue
you might be referring to, I certainly do not remember making any
reference to them nor do I see a reference to any of my issues in the
archives.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il