Re: Any arguments for keeping Yum case-sensitive?

Around 10:35pm on Wednesday, March 09, 2011 (UK time), Tim scrawled:

> I don't think that the few dogmatic users of computers outnumber the
> great masses of ordinary, less computer literate, users who expect that
> FILENAME=filename.  Partly because that's what they're used to, and
> partly because in human terms, most languages are verbal, and what's
> said aloud is what it is, no matter how it's written.

Surely these vast numbers of "less computer literate" will not be using
the command line, but will use a GUI instead?

The command line is powerful, and can be dangerous if used carelessly
or with ignorance.

Steve

--

Website:  www.stevesearle.com
Twitter:  @ReddishShift

 22:36:26 up 2 days, 12:38,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.12