Getting data off of a Palm Pilot IIIe

I have a old palm pilot that I really don't use but still use its
windows client GUI.  I can still sync it to the original palm pilot but
I'd like to get the data off of that platform onto something a little
more contemporary like Mozilla Sunbird etc.

Is there some sort of utility that I can use to transfer the palm pilot
information to another platform?  I've looked around and haven't found
anything that really works well.

I've checked Sunbird but I'm open to suggestions if you could share your
experiences.

Thanks - Tod