Re: Intel GMA 3100 Card in fedora 13

2010/9/29 suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@xxxxxxxxx>
On 29 September 2010 11:43, Joseph L. Casale <jcasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>As someone else mentioned in the thread, your chipset is not poulsbo,
>>I don't know whether this is the right solution but nonetheless the
>>non-free drivers are called xorg-x11-drv-psb. So enabling the
>>RPMFusion repositories, both free and non-free and then a yum install
>>should let you install them.
>
> I'm confused, you confirmed those aren't applicable to his chipset but
> suggest he use them? Ok...

I didn't confirm, someone else mentioned so. But as word of mouth
goes, every poster is vulnerable to faltering memory, outdated
information and what not. So I provided the OP a way to try out those
drivers in case he finds the previously mentioned information
inaccurate, and his chipset is indeed a poulsbo chipset after all. I'm
terribly short of time otherwise I would do the research myself and
post whatever I find. Sorry if this caused any confusion.

> CMIIW, but wasn't that yanked out before F13?

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

--
Suvayu

The xorg-x11-drv-psb package do not exist in my Fedora's repositories, do I have to add something?
Oh! and today is the Graphics test day for F14 And someone just tested an Intel GMA x3100 card
with all the tests passed... The GMA x3100 is just the mobile version of my Graphics card as far as I understand.
Does this means that if I install F14 I'm going to have a Transparent KDE and Full 3D Graphics support?

Thanks!

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052