Re: Intel GMA 3100 Card in fedora 13

2010/9/28 Klaasjan Brand <klaasjan@xxxxxxxxx>

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Manuel,

On Monday 27 September 2010 06:49 PM, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> I've been trying out many distros in my computer
> by LiveCD's and all of them (Mandriva, OpenSUSE, Kubuntu just to give some
> examples)  are fully compatible with my Intel GMA 3100 card (I can say that
> because their KDE Desktops are totally Transparent) But in my Fedora 13 I
> can't get a Transparent KDE

I don't know much about this particular chipset, but some Intel graphics
chipsets (poulsbo?) require non-free drivers. These are available from
RPMFusion. Have you investigated that possibility?

Intel x3100 is part of the 965 chipset and certainly not poulsbo.

I'm currently running Fedora 13 (Gnome with compiz enabled) on a laptop with this chipset, so maybe it's a problem with the KDE windowmanager?

Klaasjan

Well, I don't believe it's kde problem because VMware player is not able to run aero inside windows seven because the graphics card is not "detected"... How do I install intel non free drivers from RPM Fusion?

BTW, I can run Kwin effects (something like compiz) but they don't run very well in fedora, the machine starts to be slow, something that do not happen in other distros...

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052