Re: SELINUX

On 31/08/10 11:22, Alan Cox wrote:
> Do you understand the details of how your airbag system works, or how
> your ABS braking works. Can you model the crumple zones of a car, or do
> you just get in and put up with the little safety inconveniences like the
> weight of the doors, the length fo the vehicle, the seatbelts ?

Why do people always pick examples of features with easy user interface when the
fact with selinux is that the user interface is totally incomprehensible for the
ordinary home user. I for one disable selinux because I don't want to waste time
with learning how to use it. And I have now used red hat/fedora since 2002
without loosing one single e-mail or have suffered from any of the horrors that
some believe I am risking.

I don't debate the functionality of selinux just the difficulty in using it and
the apparent lack of relevance.

--
Erik