Re: SELINUX

> Well, if selinux is the best that happened to security since sliced bread, then
> why people make these comments ?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security-Enhanced_Linux
> Overall, the reception to SELINUX has been mixed in the Linux community with
> various sys-admins preferring to stay away from it because of the usage issues.

Lots of people don't understand it - sadly often the same people who
couldn't cope with firewalls, who fought smartcards, and sometimes the
same people who put getting to the pub before doing the job right.

> And I could go on and on ...

Yes. And a quick look at our local newspaper suggests I can provide a
similar stream of comments for or against anything else with the same
level of informed content 8)

Do you understand the details of how your airbag system works, or how
your ABS braking works. Can you model the crumple zones of a car, or do
you just get in and put up with the little safety inconveniences like the
weight of the doors, the length fo the vehicle, the seatbelts ?

Alan