Re: savemail: cannot save rejected email anywhere

On 08/20/2010 09:39 AM, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> It looks like sa-milt is getting a-hold of the message first, and
> marking it as [SPAM] with a score of 6.2.  Then it looks like its
> getting run again????

Yeah, I'm not terribly sure.  Honestly, I haven't run Sendmail on a mail
server in close to a decade.  I use Courier and pythonfilter (actually,
I wrote pythonfilter) these days.  After looking through this milter
stuff, I'm really glad that I do.  Courier and pythonfilter are far simpler.

I installed the spamass-milter package from EPEL, assuming that's what
you use, to look at it more closely.  As far as I can tell, the milter
is running before Sendmail adds its Received: header, which means that
you can't use whitelist_from_rcvd (or at least, that it's not effective
early on).  Furthermore, I'm not sure if spamc is being run a second
time because the milter is called again after alias expansion, or if
you're simply calling spamc from your procmailrc.

spamass-milter has an option to exclude IP ranges from filtering.
You'll probably want to configure that *in addition to* the rules you've
already set up.  You should be adding those options in
/etc/sysconfig/spamass-milter.