Re: Still no kmod for new nvidia

Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> And if you run Radeon chipsets which worked with FC6 and FC9, should you expect
>> that the developers would spend time on gamer features like 3D and compiz while
>> long time users run in text mode or VESA mode at best? Not everyone can throw
>> away what was a pretty decent laptop when it gets to be three years old.
>>
>> Lately it feels as if developers are not adding features but breaking or
>> removing support as well, as though there were some limit on the number of
>> chipsets which can work.
>
> There's not a limit on the number of chipsets that can work, but there
> is a limit on how much hardware can be carried in a store.  That's
> what a company, in the business of selling hardware, is going to
> target.  What does this have to do with Fedora?

It is a commentary that computers which ran using Fedora drivers in FC6 thru FC9
now must use vendor drivers or run in VESA mode. Was that not clear in the above
quoted 1st paragraph? Hardware which was new less than four years ago no longer
has the same functionality it did.

I mention it because people flame if someone suggests using vendor drivers which
work.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>