Re: Who's moderating this forum?

On 07/18/2010 09:48 PM, Marcel Rieux wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 5:55 AM, Andrew Haley <aph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I think the best way for me to improve this list is to provide help
>> where it's needed and try to avoid tedious arguments.  I don't think
>> that anyone made me the hall monitor.
>>
>> In the end, the only real way to improve the signal to noise ratio is
>> to add to the signal.  To that end, I'm out of here.
>
> Absolutely! What I don't understand is why people who want to, in
> their opinion, increase the signal to noise ratio feel necessary to
> post this shit here. Everybody knows you can filter out a thread or
> a user. What's the use of saying you're filtering my message if it's
> not for intimidation purposes?

OK, I said I was leaving this discussion, but this is a direct
question.

I don't think I said I was filtering your message.  I'm not filtering
your message.  I don't know why you think I said that I was.

> Do you need to comfort yourself or other users in the decision you
> have taken?

What decision are you talking about?

> And you've got an address at redhat.com! Unbelievable! Red Hat is
> really headed for a bright future with people like you.

I don't know what I have said to make you so upset.  My purpose here
is to help where I can.

Andrew.