Re: Who's moderating this forum?

On 07/16/2010 06:13 PM, Marcel Rieux wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 5:34 AM, Andrew Haley <aph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I'm sure plenty of people think it's obvious nonsense.  However,
>> moderatiom rules don't forbid nonsense AFAIAA.
>
> Absolutely but since this nonsense often degenerates in a flood of
> the same kind, some very plain Fedora users just as myself refrain
> from posting their problems here because they fear they will be
> served this kind of bullshit from people who present themselves as
> real Linux experts and provide silly advice as "reinstall", "Google
> some more", "don't bother us", etc.
>
> I believe Fedora would fare better if users of this list tried to
> moderate this kind of silliness mainly when you consider that
> Microsoft, Apple or such could subsidize people to stir the pot. And
> though there is, of course, no moderation on this list, wouldn't it
> be nice it people who are paid by Red Hat took it to themselves to
> maintain some common sense on this list and stopped evading the
> issue by pretending everyone is entitled to an opinion?

I think the best way for me to improve this list is to provide help
where it's needed and try to avoid tedious arguments.  I don't think
that anyone made me the hall monitor.

In the end, the only real way to improve the signal to noise ratio is
to add to the signal.  To that end, I'm out of here.

Andrew.