Re: Who's moderating this forum?

On 07/16/2010 03:00 AM, Marcel Rieux wrote:

> I don't understand how come nobody responsible for this group tries to
> make discussions move forward to better results for Red Hat, whether
> it be about uninstalling Nvidia drivers or OOo not offering basic
> features that Red Hat should rely on to sell its support, etc. Who's
> teh Steve Jobs here who says "The user is right!" ?
>
> IMO, there is a flaw in this list's moderation. And that's my
> contribution.

You are hearing opinions you don't like and want moderators to step in
and squash them even though none of the list guidelines have been
violated by the other party.  That isn't moderation but censorship.  As
long as opinions are politely expressed and aimed at the subject matter
instead of being personal, there is no reason not to tolerate dissent.
Besides,  if you want to enforce netiquette, I would have to point out
that you are splitting a single thread into multiple ones and that makes
it harder to follow discussions and ignore a thread if people are not
interested in hearing about the topic.

Rahul