Re: os that rather uses the gpu?

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 11:25 PM, JD <jd1008@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dude, I am not a teacher.
I am a hacker of sorts.

My apologies for being misled by your post:

"This is the kind of technology that is needed to solve huge mathematical
problems.
Most smaller universities and colleges do not have massively parallel
supercomputers that are
vector processors. This could make it easy for such colleges and small
university research
projects to have some decent computational power."

If you'd said, "I'm a hacker of sorts, and I'm really excited at the prospect of playing with one of these," the conversation never would have taken place.

But you opine that problems that others are excited to solve with the
SLI gang of gpu's are "embarrassingly parallel", guess you will just
have to sweat it and wait for your dream machine to be built, perhaps in
your next life time. Meanwhile, all you will be able to do is complain
about other people's excitement with the technology at hand.

I'm not waiting for anything.  I get heard.

Robert.