Re: iPod touch and F13?

Hi Todd,

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 01:44, Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Andre Costa wrote:
> I just tried plugging my iPod touch on F13, and to my surprise, it
> did appear on rhythmbox (as advertised on the release notes).
> However, even though it offers a "create new playlist" option on the
> iPod popup menu and allows me to drag songs to the iPod (it even
> says it is transferring the files), lists aren't created, and songs
> don't show on the iPod.
>
> Is there any additional configuration I need to do? Any additional
> app? Or is it still read-only support?

I'm not up on all the steps needed, but if you've never written to the
iPod touch with iTunes, you either need to do so or visit
http://ihash.marcansoft.com/ to generate a file needed for libgpod
using tools (gtkpod, rhythmbox, amarok, etc.) to write a valid
iTunesDB to the device.

Nice, didn't know about it, thks for the pointer. But, the thing is: I have already used iTunes to transfer music to the iPod (in fact, rhythmbox recognizes it already has 444 songs in it), but there's no 'Device' folder on the 'iTunes_Control' folder, which goes against what's said on that page.

So, my question is: is it safe to create such dir, specially considering I already used iTunes on this iPod?

Regards,

Andre