Re: FC13 won't start

Sorry for the top posts. I was negligent.

When you are at the grub screen, press escape. This will pause the grub
timer and let you choose things manually. Hit a to edit the kernel
arguments, and add a "<sapace>" and then a "1" at the very end. This
will let you boot to a single user command prompt. As root disable the
service using

# chkconfig <service_name> off

I could boot to a single user command prompt. Then I executed the following commands

# chkconfig fnfx off
# chkconfig wine off

The wine one went fine, but for fnfx it said no such package
Then when I hit boot at the prompt, everything halted at

Starting atd     [OK]

If you have difficulty getting to this prompt, go to interactive boot
and just skip the daemon and once you login disable as above.

GL

I could reach the prompt. I am not able to login. How can I skip the daemon in the interactive mode?

 --
Suvayu

-Yogesh