Re: F13 doesn't let me customize install

Quoting g <geleem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> this has been discussed already on this tsl and is a problem.
>
> i do not recall if there was a work around solution.
>
> you do have alternative of pre-upgrade and online upgrade. even this is
> with problems, but does appear to have gotten better.
>
> so, unless your internet speed is to slow to make an online upgrade
> impractical, you may well be better off using upgrade.

Well, it's kinda difficult to do when the install you *want* to
upgrade won't boot. :-) I had a "failed" F12 install that I was
upgrading. Since the upgrade completed, and it's not finishing the
boot (freezes at the splash screen) I'm looking more and more at
re-doing the F12 install. :-(

> with other problems of fedora 13 at this time, you may also, be better
> off by waiting for a re-spin, or fedora 14 to be released.

Yeah. I think I might step back one version and see.

> if you really rather be on 'bleeding edge' of new technology, be ready
> to bleed a little.

Well, this is the first time it's really bitten me. As I posted in
response to the developers closing my bugzilla report, they need to at
least warn us before installing if they aren't going to let us
customize an upgrade.

> even with all the great work that is done with rawhides, first release
> is and will be filled with problems.
>
> there just are not enough testers to test rawhide on enough different
> system hardware to get all of problems worked out.
>
> from what i have seen of fedora from early core days, this is how it
> has been, i there really is no practical way to make things different.

Yeah... I think I'm going to step back to F12 and see if that works
any better. F13 just isn't "ready for primtime" in my opinion.