F13 doesn't let me customize install

I'm trying to upgrade an existing install and the F13 DVD didn't ask
me to confirm my partitions nor did it offer to let me customize my
install. What's up with that? Hopefully it's not going to wipe my
system and do a fresh install! I think someone needs to fix this in
the next release so that it *always* offers to customize your install!
If this ruins my existing install by creating a LVM or something, I'm
going to be seriously upset! The last time I had an LVM, it caused my
system to crash! I don't need an LVM on my home pc!