Re: F13 - goodnews and bad news

Quoting Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Very dangerous, much better to deselect all discs, and make the user
> figure out which is the right disc to use.  Else they stand a very good
> chance of wiping out something they needed to keep.
>
> Providing the disc info does make it possible for you to look in the box
> and identify which is the drive you've just inserted, and pick the same
> one from the configuration screen.  Especially so when someone puts in
> two or more almost identical drives.

Hell, I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have three physical disks in
the system and two of them are PATA disks. If the system at least had
told me that it was seeing two PATA disks and one SATA, that would
have helped, but no, all it told me was that it had three ATA disks in
the system. I agree, the system should tell you more when installing!