Re: F13 - goodnews and bad news

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 10:55:48 -0500
Aaron Konstam wrote:

> I chose: Create Custom Layout.

Weird. I always use custom layout and I never have
any partitioning recommended for me, I just get
the list of what is on the disks now and I can
edit or create new partitions with no particular
problems.

What I find hopelessly geeky is when I have more
than one physical disk in the system. I get these
extra screens where it shows me stuff like the
model number and serial number of the disks and
asks me to choose which ones to continue the
partitioning process with. The idea that I would
have my serial numbers memorized and know how to
pick relevant disks is absurd. The screens should
start with all disks selected and let me exclude
some if I do actually recognize serial numbers. (Or
just get rid of those screens completely and
default to always including all the disks).