Re: Looking for multi-DVD spanning archiver

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 11:15 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage
<dsavage@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-06-06 at 22:15 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage
>> <dsavage@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I wrote to the maintainer (James) and received the following reply:
>>
>> Great minds think alike. I did the same and got pretty much the same
>> response. I've forwarded him my updates but I'll attach it here one
>> more time.
>>
>> Some things I've added/fixed:
>> - Fixed DVD +R capacity (had an extra *2 in it)
>> - Got subprocess.Popen working
>> - Added a very basic usage (--help) output.
>> - Switched from a more procedural approach to capturing the main
>> portion of the program in a def Main() call and if __name__ ==
>> '__main__': which should make it easier to wrap a gui around it.
>> - Starting from disc other than #1. I hit enter too early on a backup
>> and it exited and I didn't want to burn the first two discs over.
>> - Got basic command parsing implemented.
>>
>> Some things I was going to work on:
>> - assignable disc volume name by command line argument.
>
> Richard,
>
> Good show. I like your resume-at-disk-N idea, although some sort of
> "proceed only after next disc is recognized" smart pause might reduce
> its use. I'd also like to be able to suppress the uber verbose output.

We'll have to see what the original author can do because that would
be beyond me. As far as the output, I'm not sure what I could do about
that. The alternative would be to show none of the growisofs output,
which would kind of leave you in the dark.

Richard