Re: Looking for multi-DVD spanning archiver

Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> I want to off-load the entire /pub/fedora/linux/releases/13/Everything/
> directory (46,864 items, totalling 59.7 GB) to a modest stack of single-
> or dual-layer DVD-Rs. Is there a multi-DVD spanning archiver capability
> in F13? Ideally I'd like to use an application that writes and reads
> directly to/from a DVD drive and prompts for the next disc until done.

tar will do volumes. You will want to write a small script to prompt you,
probably. The problem is not that there is no capability, but there are so many.
Clarifying your needs for features like restoring individual files, encryption,
software error correction, etc, will result in better suggestions.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>