Re: phpMyAdmin & FC13

Hi,

> I hope that this isn't a system that is accessible from the Internet
> because phpmyadmin has a long and great history of being compromised by
> people who install it and don't possess the ability to lock it down.

Yes, understood, and I'm familiar with its security track record. This
system is isolated (as you can see from the ACL), and I'm trying to
use it to connect to another isolated database.

> If you created the directory /usr/share/phpMyAdmin/config and you want
> phpMyAdmin to be able to write configuration data, you should change the
> owner/group to apache:apache and set group write permissions on that
> directory.
>
> chown apache:apache /usr/share/phpMyAdmin/config
> chmod g+w /usr/share/phpMyAdmin/config

Yes, I've done this, and it still fails. I wish there was a way to
trace the script.

I got it working by manually copying the lines generated by the helper
script. I then just rsyncd the database from the 'production' server
to the system that is running phpMyAdmin.

Are there any automated or menu-guided fedora tools for creating an
apache SSL host to use with phpMyAdmin?

Thanks,
Alex