phpMyAdmin & FC13

Hi,

I'm trying to get phpMyAdmin v3.3.3 from tarball running and having
some difficulty. I tried the current v3.2.5 from yum and had the same
problem, so thought I would upgrade.

phpMyAdmin reports that it's unable to write its configuration info
because there doesn't exist a 'config' directory. I /have/ created
this directory, and don't understand why it can't find it or write to
it. It's located in /usr/share/phpMyAdmin, and
/etc/httpd/conf.d/phpMyAdmin.conf contains the following:

Alias /phpMyAdmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
<Directory /usr/share/phpMyAdmin/>
   order deny,allow
   deny from all
   allow from 127.0.0.1
   allow from 192.168.1.151
   allow from ::1
</Directory>

I've posted a similar message on the phpMyAdmin users list, but it's a
verrrry quiet list, I guess..

Ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex