Re: phpMyAdmin & FC13

On Sun, 2010-06-06 at 00:28 -0400, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get phpMyAdmin v3.3.3 from tarball running and having
> some difficulty. I tried the current v3.2.5 from yum and had the same
> problem, so thought I would upgrade.
>
> phpMyAdmin reports that it's unable to write its configuration info
> because there doesn't exist a 'config' directory. I /have/ created
> this directory, and don't understand why it can't find it or write to
> it. It's located in /usr/share/phpMyAdmin, and
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpMyAdmin.conf contains the following:
>
> Alias /phpMyAdmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
> Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
> <Directory /usr/share/phpMyAdmin/>
>    order deny,allow
>    deny from all
>    allow from 127.0.0.1
>    allow from 192.168.1.151
>    allow from ::1
> </Directory>
>
> I've posted a similar message on the phpMyAdmin users list, but it's a
> verrrry quiet list, I guess..
----
I hope that this isn't a system that is accessible from the Internet
because phpmyadmin has a long and great history of being compromised by
people who install it and don't possess the ability to lock it down.

If you created the directory /usr/share/phpMyAdmin/config and you want
phpMyAdmin to be able to write configuration data, you should change the
owner/group to apache:apache and set group write permissions on that
directory.

chown apache:apache /usr/share/phpMyAdmin/config
chmod g+w /usr/share/phpMyAdmin/config

Craig

believed to be clean.