Re: Improving the list climate [was Re: Fwd: Fedora Weekly News 228]

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 13:15 -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> 2010/6/3 Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 21:01 -0700, Alan Evans wrote:
> >> Not all of the feedback from this list was unconstructive. Not all of
> >> the responses were abusive or confrontational. But after reviewing the
> >> thread in question, I have to say that *many* of your responses were
> >> confrontational and many were, frankly, condescending. It didn't seem
> >> to matter whether the person you were replying to was trying to be
> >> constructive or snarky; your responses seemed designed to pour more
> >> fuel on the fire almost every time.
> >
> > This is an unfair personal attack, and is not constructive especially
> > given the topic of the thread. Please let's talk about making things
> > better, and stop pointing fingers and making accusations.
> >

> I have to agree with Alan here.  Speaking of the intelligence of
> people who use torrents should also know they have to google for it
> does not speak well for you at all.

Again you continue to make this personal. Perhaps my position on the
ubiquity of torrents and how visible they should be on the website
differs from yours, but it is certainly unfair to make such loud and
negative judgements about me personally in response to my views.

> Also pointing out the actions of a person is not a personal attack.

Unfair judgments on the actions of a person are an attack, especially
when made in response to a plea to stop making the discussion personal.

~m