Re: Improving the list climate [was Re: Fwd: Fedora Weekly News 228]

2010/6/3 Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Do we want new users to witness this kind of behavior? They are directed
> towards this list right now via a number of different pointers. My team
> is planning to redesign the Fedora website for Fedora 14, and I'm not
> sure we can in good conscience continue to point new users to this list

Let me get this straight: You remove relevant, helpful links from one
Fedora site page and the user community explodes with queries,
comments, and complaints about the omission. Now your response to this
feedback is to suggest that *more* relevant, helpful links be removed
from another page?

I would laugh, but I think that you're serious.

Not all of the feedback from this list was unconstructive. Not all of
the responses were abusive or confrontational. But after reviewing the
thread in question, I have to say that *many* of your responses were
confrontational and many were, frankly, condescending. It didn't seem
to matter whether the person you were replying to was trying to be
constructive or snarky; your responses seemed designed to pour more
fuel on the fire almost every time.

Consider moderating yourself before you come to this list and preach
to us about how we need to be moderated.

-Alan