Re: F13 and adobe flash

On Mon, 31 May 2010 15:59:29 -0500
Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

> Since I have only one sound card
> do you still think I need to add a sound.conf file to /etc/modprobe.d/
> directory.

I wouldn't think so, but I've also seen things like usb webcams
get listed 1st and confuse things. "aplay -l" will show
the device list. If your built-in audio is index 0 then
that should not be a problem.

Of course the other thing to check is to see if the volume
is set to zero. I don't know where the initial volume setting
comes from but I've had it set to zero on initial installs
before and it confused me for the longest time. (I've
also had it set to "login sound blows you out of your
chair" :-).

Tom,

Great tip on aplay -l :

card 0: ICH6 [Intel ICH6], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel ICH6]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH6 [Intel ICH6], device 4: Intel ICH - IEC958 [Intel ICH6 - IEC958]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Modem [Intel ICH6 Modem], device 0: Intel ICH - Modem [Intel ICH6 Modem - Modem]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I checked the sound for sure because I have chased a phantom sound
problem before too.  I can play mp3 files without difficulty as well as
ogg files.  It looks like the sound of the flash plug-in does not work
on my 2.6.33.4-95.fc13.i686.PAE

Greg