Re: Regarding Get Fedora page

On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:57:55 -0700
Suvayu Ali wrote:

> I understand your concern and see the merit in keeping the default
> get-fedora page simple, but I fail to see how that implies no page
> linking to either of these pages. (or maybe I didn't look long enough)

I like the default page too, but the default page has a link on
it with the text "View full list of options for getting Fedora ...",
that page http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-options isn't
remotely close to a full list of options for getting fedora.

No possible train of logic involving mythical average users can
justify leaving download options off of a page claiming to be
all the download options.

And while this thread is talking about the response of average
users to the download page, what about the average users who
want to try fedora for the first time and are disgusted to
discover that fedora apparently doesn't have any mirrors or
torrent support. After all the page claims to be "full list of
options". Why would I go do searches for things not mentioned
on the page that already claims to be everything?