Re: seeking resolution to Network Device difficulties

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 17:14 -0600, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> I have also blocked all access to the web using that IP
> address/MAC address (since I am unable to delete his MAC address).

Have you tried looking with another browser?  Perhaps there's some
JavaScript on the page, that offers a release button, that doesn't work
with your current browser.

> The router is a 2wire Gateway. Actually, I like it, but it would be
> nice to be able to release addresses. The web interface's usability is
> adequate, but there is no indication of a telnet interface.

Try Googling for information about it, there might be something useful
written about it.  But, to me, the inability to manage such a basic
aspect of DHCP makes it a very poor product.

You could try something else a bit unorthodox:  Try turning off its DHCP
server, restart the router, then try turning it on again.  Maybe it
might lose the previously set leases.

Or, if you can set the lease period, try setting it to something really
short, temporarily, and see if you can expire them.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.