Re: [OT] Deafening silence

Tim:
>>> But, I can't see what could possibly be wrong with a filter such as
>>> this:
>>>
>>>   reply-to contains users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>   move to folder lists/fedora
>>>   stop processing

& Tim:
>> Looking at the log, each filtered message takes at least 3 to 4 seconds
>> to go through.  That's tediously slow.

jdow:
> What "filter" are you running? What possessed you to run it inside
> an email client? (What possessed Fedora to commit that atrocity?)

Exactly the sort of filtering rule that I outlined above (one matching
rule, one action).

I'm on several mailing lists, and for many many years before running
Linux, I would simply get my mail client to sort incoming mail into
folders for each list, like that.  None of them had any problems doing
such a thing, and neither should Evolution.

> If you are running SpamAssassin as a filter

Definitely not, and I've explicitly said I don't do that.  And I agree
that you want it done elsewhere, if you're going to do it.  Preferably
at the first mail server that handles your mail (which really would be
the ISP, but so few ISPs give you good configuration options if you do
that).

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686