Re: [OT] Deafening silence

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 15:27 -0400, fred smith wrote:
> Yeah, I've tried Evolution 2 or 3 times over the last few years and
> always ended up being disappointed. For one thing it's DOG SLOW. It
> seems to want to index all the mail folders every time it starts and
> that can take MINUTES. and even when past that it's still like
> molasses climbing a hill in January in northern canada.

I can't say I notice it trying to index everything when firing up.
Though I haven't got it set to check all folders, nor do spam checking,
nor do filtering.

Filtering is dead slow, that's for sure.  After setting up about four
filters, it gets really painful.  So I just drag a bunch of messages
from my inbox to a folder, every now and then.

It's also rather bad at doing two things at once.  Such as deleting a
message, then trying to read another one.  It won't open the next one
until the deletion has completely finished what it's up to.

But, despite the problems, it's still the least worst GUI client
available to me, out of those I've tried.  That's hardly a good
recommendation, though.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686