Re: [OT] Deafening silence

Tim:
>> Filtering is dead slow, that's for sure.  After setting up about four
>> filters, it gets really painful.  So I just drag a bunch of messages
>> from my inbox to a folder, every now and then.

Patrick O'Callaghan:
> I have a whole bunch of filters and don't even notice the time lag.
> Note that you can log filter actions to see what Evo is doing (this
> requires editing a Gconf flag but it's not hard). Obviously the
> complexity of the filters can play a part, e.g. if they have to do
> LDAP lookups against a slow server then you're asking for trouble.

You don't happen to know what the flag is, by the way?  But, I can't see
what could possibly be wrong with a filter such as this:

  reply-to contains users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  move to folder lists/fedora
  stop processing

That, and several filters just the same, being set up on the inbox,
working with an IMAP server on the LAN.  There's nothing complex about
any of them.  And it doesn't seem to matter if I change it to filter on
the "to" address, for example.

I suspect it's down to Evolution not being able to walk and chew gum at
the same time.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686